Re: compilation bug when make on multiple jobs.

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: compilation bug when make on multiple jobs.
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:04:47 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 05:15:38PM +0300, Eduard Timotei BUDULEA wrote:
> if i compile gettext normally (on a single job) will compile perfectlly.
> if i compile with: make -j3 it will allways give this error:
> cannot move elc-temp to elc-stamp no such file or directory
> this happends on version 0.14.4

thank you for the bug report.

The automake changelog contains this entry:

2005-03-29  Alexandre Duret-Lutz
        * lib/am/lisp.am ($(am__ELCFILES)): Prevent races if the recover
        rule is run with `make -j'.

Thus I believe your problem might have been fixed in current Automake.

To verify this, you'd have to install the CVS version of Auomake and the
CVS version of Autoconf (or at least the test release 2.59b), and
rebuild the gettext tarball with these tools.
Are you able and willing to perform this test?
Or does anyone here volunteer to prepare a test tarball?

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal