Re: make dist-gzip fails

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: make dist-gzip fails
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:31:25 -0700

Hi Aaron,

Aaron wrote:

Hey Bruce,

One more bug in pre12...

Running 'make dist-gzip' or any other 'dist-*' causes a blow up in the
libopts tear off.  The problem is that EXTRA_DIST in the Makefile.am
includes the directory 'autoopts' which I think it confuses into
beliving it should build a binary of the same name using autoopts.c
Since there is no "autoopts_PROGRAM" variable, this would be an automake bug
and an autogen problem.  I guess I can accommodate by expanding the contents
of the directory.  I'm constructing the "Makefile.am" on the fly, after all.  :)

I see the problem in mklibsrc.sh, but I don't want to submit a fix,
since it might have evil effects (like including your source control
subdirs if you're using CVS or subversion).  It shouldn't be a
difficult fix though.
I'm still using CVS.  The fix is to fully enumerate the EXTRA_DIST.

Thank you!  Regards, Bruce