automake -a does not call libtoolize

From: Alexander Kern
Subject: automake -a does not call libtoolize
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:47:15 +0100

Hey,

it's my first posting to this list, please be kindly.

I have following problem as mention in subject. From manual I know if I
specify in configure.in AC_PROG_LIBTOOL or better AM_PROG_LIBTOOL and call
"automake -a", "automake" calls intern "libtoolize -a". Unfortunatelly it is
not true on my system. "automake -a" breaks on missing "ltmain.sh", that will
be created if I call explicit "libtoolize". Can somebody explain, why I get
another results as written in manual.

Regards
Alex Kern

P.S.