Re: pkgincludedir, pkglibdir and config.status

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: pkgincludedir, pkglibdir and config.status
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:53:40 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 02:35:58PM +0300, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
> .sh:
>     @SED@ \
>       -e 's!@''bindir''@!$(bindir)!g' \
>       -e 's!@''pkglibdir''@!$(pkglibdir)!g' \
[...]
> .sh:
>   $SHELL $(top_builddir)/config.status address@hidden:$@

> So I had to look at all .sh templates and substitute, say, $pkglibdir
> with $libdir/@address@hidden

Perhaps you could add AC_SUBST([pkglibdir], ...) to your configure.ac?

> A slightly modified approach is to add all scripts to AC_OUTPUT_FILES but
> as the above is shorter and works just as well, and, moreover, guarantees
> that templates are rebuilt by make whenever they're changed (even if there is
> no
> automatic dependency tracking), we've stuck to it for now.

If you call, eg.,  AC_OUTPUT_FILES(tests/file:tests/file.sh), Automake
creates the following rule for you:

file: $(top_builddir)/config.status file.sh
        cd $(top_builddir) && ./config.status tests/file

which should handle the dependences equally well, or even better: you forgot to
mention config.status in the prerequisities (this is important whn you change
configure.ac and run "make" to update things).

HTH,
        Stepan Kasal