Re: uninstall fails to remove library

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: uninstall fails to remove library
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:04:54 -0400

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:55, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Stephen Torri wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:09, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> >> This sounds like a bug in your old libtool.  Your Automake is out of
> >> date as well.
> >
> > The highest libtool that is available via the Gentoo portage system is
> > 1.5.6. I will upgrade to that.
>
> The latest official release is 1.5.8.

Ok.

> > How is 1.8.3 an out of date automake as well?
>
> The latest official release of Automake is 1.9.1.  Nothing to be
> alarmed about though since Automake is much more stable than Libtool.

I understand the latest release of automake is at 1.9.1. The problem
with the project I am on and as you can see from my distribution not
everyone quickly updates their tools to the latest and greatest. So
since I typically run into hostile fire when suggesting upgrades to our
autotools I try to keep the changes to a minimum (e.g. never more than 1
upgrade per year).

Are the autotools stabilized yet? The 1.9.1 was a bug fix release so if
I make a suggestion to upgrade the major distributions our project
supports need to have the autotools available.

Stephen
--
Email: address@hidden