Re: Need a way to pass options to libtool

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: Need a way to pass options to libtool
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:50:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
        I ran across a thread about adding options to libtool in automake
or autoconf (since I was looking for the same answer myself).  (Last post
May 29, 2004)  I've devised a little autoconf solution that may help:

In configure.in, somwhere after AC_PROG_LIBTOOL, add (e.g.):

LIBTOOL="$LIBTOOL --silent"

or whatever flags you wish, and this results in:

LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool --silent

in all Makefiles generated by that autoconf'd configure script.

With a little clever variable manipulation, you may be able to substitute
"--silent" with more user-options.  Perhaps per-Makefile libtool flags?

Regards,

David
"just-learned-automake-autoconf-libtool-this-past-week
-and-thought-it-would-be-a-good-time-to-subscribe"
Fang

Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University