Re: Need a way to pass options to libtool

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Need a way to pass options to libtool
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:10:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On May 26, 2004, Albert Chin <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 03:20:35PM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

Notice that there is no means provided to add libtool specific
options.

Why not:
  AM_CXXFLAGS += [your additions]

Because that's also passed to non-libtool compilations?

I've often wanted some means to pass additional flags to libtool
compile and/or link commands without affecting non-libtool
compile and/or link.  My favorite example is -static, that has
a somewhat different meaning when it comes to libtool.

And -static was exactly the option that I was seeking to pass. :-)

Luckily, my Makefile.am doesn't include any non-libtool compilations.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden