Re: Path variables and path substitution

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Path variables and path substitution
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 00:22:42 +0200

>>> "John" == John Ling <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 John> mylib_a_SOURCES = $(MYDIR)/app.cpp

 John> However, when I try this, everytime I run configure for some reason I
 John> get dependency errors saying it can't find the app.Po file in the
 John> .dep/ directory.  In addition, it creates a subdirectory that is
 John> literally called '$(MYDIR)' which is not what I intend to happen.

 John> How do I do this path variable substitution?

Right now you cannot use any variable as part of a filename that
occurs in a _SOURCES variable.  This is PR/325.  You can only use
plain filenames, or variables that contain entire filenames.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz