How one could integrate Automake in an IDE ?

From: Alain Magloire
Subject: How one could integrate Automake in an IDE ?
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:20:08 -0400 (EDT)

Bonjour

        First, I'm not subscribe to the list ... please CC, thanks.

Question:
        I'm curious on how the autoXXX tools like automake etc .. can
be integrated nicely part of an IDE.  So far what I've seen
is not suitable enough ...
        If you know of a good integration, please send the URL.

I'm looking at the Multipage Editor design, when one tab control(page)
shows the raw source and the  others shows a different "view" of the source
that can be edited by newbies easily, of course with round-trip(i.e. the raw
source Makefile.am reflects the other views vice-versa).

any comments.

Thanks.