Re: libraries - dependencies

From: Mr E_T
Subject: Re: libraries - dependencies
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:30:18 +0800 (WST)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Santosh wrote:

> hello,
>       Thank you for your reply. I have a couple
> of queries:
>
> Query 1:
> I have directories with a few files in each, example
>
> src/gui/userui
> src/gui/bookmarkui
> src/gui/groupui
> src/gui/loginui
> src/gui/generalui (general gui functions)
>
> src/func/user
> src/func/group
> src/func/bookmark
>
> Is it a good idea to make each a library (I am using
> convenience libraries). Is there a better way to compile
> and link together these directories or a better way to
> restructure the directories itself.
It all depends on your programming style - what is easier for you to visualize
and cope with ?

> Query 2:
> I have a GUI module, I make it a library.
> I have a communication module which responds to
> requests from GUI module and does communication.
> This again is made a library.
> Now you have
>       GUI -> communication
> The comm. library may
> receive requests from other users and it will
> communicate these requests to the gui module.
> Now you have
>       communication -> GUI

A solution would be -

Base program -> communications
             -> Gui

The base program interacts with the communications part and the gui part
seperately.

The library can interact with the base through the use og signals (qt) or
callbacks thus eliminating the need for an interdependency.

This could lead to
Gui -> communications.

The gui should be sent a data ready signal/call and then "request" the data when
it is ready through a function.

--
regs MR E_T