Re: Anyone installing Perl modules?

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Anyone installing Perl modules?
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 07:14:17 -0700

Lars Hecking <address@hidden> writes:

>  I'd love to use stow, but it doesn't work with my particular, multi-
>  architecture /usr/local setup (/usr/local is a symlink).

It may well not work with your setup, but that isn't the reason.  :)  stow
doesn't require that /usr/local be a regular directory; it just needs some
sort of directory structure into which to create symlinks.  You could have
that easily be the directory structure to which /usr/local points, if
those directory structures are set up in the usual fashion.

stow creates its links in the parent directory of whatever directory you
run it from; it's not wedded to any particular location.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>