Can I put a message after tests are run?

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: Can I put a message after tests are run?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 01:44:46 +0100

If a test suite is run, one might get a message at the end such as:

======================================
3 of 86 tests failed
(1 tests were not run)
Please report to address@hidden
======================================

Is it possible to put a message before/in/after this block, explaining
why some tests will be skipped. For example

"1 test was skipped since you did not configure for distributed
processing"

so the user has some idea why tests might be skipped?

I've seen in some packages (perhaps not done with automake) something
like:

SKIP: foo           SKIPPED on this architecture.
SKIP: foobar        SKIPPED since you did not link with the gsl
library.

Is it possible to one or boht of these with automake? I know I can
echo a message in the test, but that looks rather ugly, as it appears
on another like.
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,