make sorts libraries at link stage

From: Nathaniel
Subject: make sorts libraries at link stage
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:03:53 +0300 (MSK)

Greets for everyone,

I hope someone will be able to help me. Here's my problem description.

I'm passing my code to autotools (usual make tool was used before). The final
stage of make (after configure et al.) if an executable creation. Several
libraries are needed for linking. These libraries contain some
cross-dependencies so I have to pass them several times in a PRECISE order with
-l<libname>. It looks like this:

myexec_LDADD = -lLIB1 -lLIB2 -lLIB3 -lLIB1

Apparently, the autotools manage this kind of entries and the compile line
contains only
     -lLIB2 -lLIB3 -lLIB1
Entries passed more than once are removed and the linking fails (undefined
reference to ...). I haven't found the place where it happens in configure.in
or macro definitions. The makefiles generated don't contain the "sorted" line
neiher.

Is there a way to oblige the automake not to "clean" the line and to leave
double entries?

Thank you in advance

      Nathaniel.