Re: Autoconf Error

From: James Tison
Subject: Re: Autoconf Error
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:48:47 -0500

Devdutta,

Red Hat Linux 7.2 comes with automake 2.13 installed. The package you are
trying to configure is demanding is demanding autoconf 2.52 or better. The
fix is to find an RPM of autoconf-2.52 or higher version number (look at
Red Hat's website, or try rpmfind.com, perhaps) and upgrade it. See "man
rpm" for instructions on how to do this once you've located the RPM. If
this is above your skill level, you might need someone a bit more
experienced with Linux to help you.

--Jim--
James S. Tison
Senior Software Engineer
TPF Laboratory / Architecture
IBM Corporation
Poughkeepsie, NY
address@hidden

|---------+------------------------------------------>
|         |           " Devdutta Bhosale "           |
|         |           <address@hidden>    |
|         |           Sent by:                       |
|         |           automake-bounces+jtison=us.ibm.|
|         |           address@hidden                    |
|         |                                          |
|         |                                          |
|         |           02/05/2003 04:30 AM            |
|         |                                          |
|---------+------------------------------------------>

  |       To:       address@hidden, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>          |
  |       cc:
                   |
  |       Subject:  Autoconf Error
                   |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi All,

We are linux newbies and tried to install automake on RH 7.2

we already installed Autoconf and could see the binaries
in
/usr/local/bin

but while compiling we saw following error:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
configure: error: Autoconf 2.52 or better is required
address@hidden automake-1.6]# $path
address@hidden automake-1.6]# $PATH
bash:
/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/bin:/u

sr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/root/bin:/home/dev/mpeg4ip/autoconf-2.54:
No such file or directory
address@hidden automake-1.6]:

Could you plz tell me what is the problem and what's the fix.

Thank you,
        Devdutta