[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Automake 1.7 released
Automake 1.7 released
25 Sep 2002 23:14:11 +0200
Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) Emacs/20.7
We're pleased to announce the release of Automake 1.7. This release
contains many bug fixes and improvements. The NEWS entry is appended.
You can find the new release here:
(Note that the files might not be already available at ftp.gnu.org by
the time you read this.)
Soon it will also appear on the sources and GNU mirrors.
Follow these links for a list of them:
Please report bugs by mail to <address@hidden>, or (preferred)
- Akim, Alexandre, and Tom
New in 1.7:
* Autoconf 2.54 is required.
* `aclocal' and `automake' will no longer warn about obsolete
configure macros. This is done by `autoconf -Wobsolete'.
* AM_CONFIG_HEADER, AM_SYS_POSIX_TERMIOS and
AM_HEADER_TIOCGWINSZ_NEEDS_SYS_IOCTL are obsolete (although still
supported). You should use AC_CONFIG_HEADERS, AC_SYS_POSIX_TERMIOS,
and AC_HEADER_TIOCGWINSZ instead. `autoupdate' can upgrade
`configure.ac' for you.
* Support for per-program and per-library `_CPPFLAGS'.
* New `ctags' target (builds CTAGS files).
* Support for -Wmumble and -Wno-mumble, where mumble is a warning category
(see `automake --help' or the manual for a list of them).
* Honor the WARNINGS environment variable.
* Omit the call to depcomp when using gcc3: call the compiler directly.
* A new option, std-options, tests that programs support --help and --version
when `make installcheck' is run. This is enabled by --gnits.
* Texinfo rules now support the `ps' and `pdf' targets.
* Info files are now created in the build directory, not the source directory.
* info_TEXINFOS supports files in subdirectories (this requires Texinfo 4.1
* `make distcheck' will enforce DESTDIR support by attempting
a DESTDIR install.
* `+=' can be used in conditionals, even if the augmented variable
was defined for another condition.
* Makefile fragments (inserted with `include') are always distributed.
* Use Autoconf's --trace interface to inspect configure.ac and get
a more accurate view of it.
* Add support for extending aclocal's default macro search path
using a `dirlist' file within the aclocal directory.
* automake --output-dir is deprecated.
* The part of the distcheck target that checks whether uninstall actually
removes all installed files has been moved in a separate target,
distuninstallcheck, so it can be overridden easily.
* Many bug fixes.
- Automake 1.7 released,
Alexandre Duret-Lutz <=