Re: Please tell me this is an automake bug :-)

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Please tell me this is an automake bug :-)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:11:21 -0700

Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

>  Bruce> Automake fails to create "Makefile.in" with this:
>  Bruce>   AC_CONFIG_FILES( [Makefile] )
>  Bruce> But works correctly with this:
>  Bruce>   AC_CONFIG_FILES( Makefile )
>  Bruce> The big issue is consistency in quoting.  :-(
>  Bruce> It is crucial to comprehension.
>
> This bug and many others will disappear with the upcoming
> Automake 1.7, because it no longer parse configure.(in|ac).

I cannot follow all the automake threads.  I read 'em once
in a while.  However, since I know that a lot of information
is communicated from developers to the automake engine via
entries in configure.xx, my guess would be that the upcoming
automake might have some severe uptake problems.  Where can
one read about how you plan to make this work?  I'm hoping
for something more concise than a long email thread, if that
is handy....