Re: configure.ac warnings abou missing files

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: configure.ac warnings abou missing files
Date: 24 Mar 2002 13:37:43 -0700

>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Leigh <address@hidden> writes:

Roger> When automake runs, I'm getting this:
Roger> Running automake --gnu  ...
Roger> configure.ac: 704: required file `src/main/gimpprint-config.in' not found
Roger> configure.ac: 704: required file `src/main/gimpprint.pc.in' not found

Roger> The two files do not exist because they are generated by
Roger> configure, and then processed by config.status.  Is there any
Roger> way to tell automake that these files are /supposed/ to be
Roger> missing?

Not right now.

Does config.status find these files in the build tree?  That would
surprise me.  (Or more precisely it would be another autoconf change I
haven't kept up with.)

OTOH, if you're building the files in the source tree, isn't it
incorrect to build them in configure?

Tom