Re: Newbie Question

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Newbie Question
Date: 26 Jul 2001 17:33:53 -0600

>>>>> "Fausto" == Fausto Sanchez <address@hidden> writes:

Fausto> I'm new to the autoconf and automake. I like the concepts and
Fausto> would like to implement a make/build process using the
Fausto> autotools for our group. I'm not that familiar with writing
Fausto> marcos, so I was wondering if there are examples on how to
Fausto> write macros. In particular I'm trying to write a conditional
Fausto> macro that takes the .c files and creates .s files , and
Fausto> compiles them to generate the .o files using different rules
Fausto> for the .c and .s.

You might be able do this in automake by writing your own suffix
rules.  The book probably mentions this at least a little (I don't
recall).

I'm curious to know why you want to do this.

Tom