Re: EXTRA_HEADERS versus make dist [test]

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: EXTRA_HEADERS versus make dist [test]
Date: 26 May 2001 00:28:05 -0600

>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

Kevin>         EXTRA_HEADERS = foo.h
Kevin> don't get into a "make dist".  Is this meant to work?

I don't think this was ever done.  It is a bit confusing, I'll admit.

Kevin> It did in recent cvs versions but I guess noinst_HEADERS might
Kevin> be the right way to do it.

noinst_HEADERS works or so does:

EXTRA_DIST = $(EXTRA_HEADERS)

Kevin> EXTRA_HEADERS also don't seem to get into $(HEADERS) for TAGS

Yeah.  This might be a mistake.  Anyway it is easy enough to add it to
TAGS.

These are the sort of warts it would be good to clean up in something
like `automake 2.0', where we remove some of the really dumb
decisions and weird inconsistencies.

Tom