Enabling --Werror in the testsuite (Was: automake/149)

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Enabling --Werror in the testsuite (Was: automake/149)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 18:20:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Tom!

> Oops, I broke it.  Akim checked in the fix.

Now it works. I can use "--Werror --add-missing". Thank you for taking
care of the problem!

The next thing I tried was adding "--Werror" to the automake flags in
tests/defs. Just four tests now fail unexpectedly (due to warnings that
are now errors):

condincl.test
dash.test
include.test
texinfo8.test

Warnings are:

Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at ../../automake line
6570. (first three tests)

Use of uninitialized value in split at ../../automake line 3185.
(texinfo8.test)

When they are fixed it will be possible to use "--Werror" in the testuite.
Or we can just add those tests to XFAIL_TESTS and enable "--Werror" now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin