Re: Bug when specifying --disable-dependency-tracking (AM_DEP_TRACK)

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: Bug when specifying --disable-dependency-tracking (AM_DEP_TRACK)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:52:09 -0500

The key word here is 'should'.  The rules should have @AMDEP_TRUE@
in front of them, looking at depend2.am below, they obviously won't.

> if %?LIBTOOL%
> ?GENERIC?%EXT%.lo:
> ?!GENERIC?%LTOBJ%: %SOURCE%
> if  %AMDEP%
>         source='%SOURCE%' object='%LTOBJ%' libtool=yes @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
>         depfile='$(DEPDIR)/%BASE%.Plo' tmpdepfile='$(DEPDIR)/%BASE%.TPlo'
> @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
>         $(%FPFX%DEPMODE) $(depcomp) @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
> endif  %AMDEP%
>         %LTCOMPILE% -c -o %LTOBJ% `test -f %SOURCE% || echo
> '$(srcdir)/'`%SOURCE%
> endif %?LIBTOOL%

This should be:
if %?LIBTOOL%
?GENERIC?%EXT%.lo:
?!GENERIC?%LTOBJ%: %SOURCE%
if  %AMDEP%
@AMDEP_TRUE@         source='%SOURCE%' object='%LTOBJ%' libtool=yes
@AMDEPBACKSLASH@
@AMDEP_TRUE@         depfile='$(DEPDIR)/%BASE%.Plo'
tmpdepfile='$(DEPDIR)/%BASE%.TPlo' @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
@AMDEP_TRUE@         $(%FPFX%DEPMODE) $(depcomp) @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
endif  %AMDEP%
         %LTCOMPILE% -c -o %LTOBJ% `test -f %SOURCE% ||
echo'$(srcdir)/'`%SOURCE%
endif %?LIBTOOL%

Shouldn't it?  I've taken my installed automake script, and added
@AMDEP_TRUE@ so it looks more like automake.in, and changed the
depend2.am file as noted above.  With these two changes dependency
tracking can be turned off, even when turned on when Makefile.in
is created.

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center