RE: target dependency bug

From: Robert Collins
Subject: RE: target dependency bug
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:03:39 +1000

cf_gen_defines.h is being built. But cf_gen.o isn't being updated when
cf_gen_defines.h is updated. And AFAICT, automake has enough info to
make cf_gen_defines.h a dependency of cf_gen.o

Depending on your response to my question below - I'll put this in
manually, how do I file a feature request?

> > I'm testing this on my cygwin box with GNU make, automake CVS (as of
> > early week).
>
> Try current CVS.  I think the fix for this bug was very, very recent.

I think I'm confused. Are you saying that CVS may make cf_gen.$(OBJEXT)
depend on cf_gen_defines.h?

Rob