Re: 113-deja-gnu.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 113-deja-gnu.patch
Date: 12 Apr 2001 00:27:28 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> I'm very surprised by:
Akim> +EXPECT = `if test -f $(top_builddir)/../expect/expect; then \
Akim>                                          ++++++
Akim> +            echo $(top_builddir)/../expect/expect; \
Akim> +          else \
Akim> +            echo expect; \
Akim> +          fi`

This is correct.

In the classic "Cygnus" tree, the top level is populated with
directories like `gcc', `gdb', `expect', `dejagnu', etc.
The top-level configure and Makefile understand all the implicit
orderings (and handle ugly things like target libraries).

In Cygnus mode we want to find programs like expect, dejagnu, etc, in
the build tree if they are there.  In this situation, the expect
executable is `<buildroot>/expect/expect'.

What you see above isn't really correct, since it doesn't account for
target libraries or multilibs.  The multilib support in automake isn't
really finished.  Someday we'll fix this.

Akim>   * automake.in (&handle_tests_dejagnu): Don't define EXPECT and
Akim>   RUNTEST.
Akim>   * dejagnu.am: Do it.
Akim>   (site.exp): Use `if'.

Ok.