Re: problem: multiple definitions

From: Jens Krüger
Subject: Re: problem: multiple definitions
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:19:49 +0200

I had the same problem, when I used the LDFLAGS in  Makefile.am
Running automake I get the same mystrious message.

src/foo/Makefile.am:6: LDFLAGS multiply defined in condition TRUE
  LDFLAGS (User, where = 6) =
  {

    TRUE => -export-dynamic
  }

I found a solution by adding the library or program name to the LDFLAGS the
message vanished.

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la
LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic

has to change to