Dependency Help

From: Tim Heath
Subject: Dependency Help
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:42:01 -0700

        I am attempting to use the new dependency generation ability of
automake 1.4a and running into problems.  My code is compiled with:

automake
autoconf
CXX=aCC CC=aCC ./configure --enable-dependency-tracking
make
make install

Is this the correct way to use thise new dependency generation?  When I
touch a .C that should cause other .o's to be regenerated it is not
occurring.  It does not attempt to recompile at all when I touch .h's.
How can I fix this please?

Thanks,

Tim Heath