Re: how to realize a medium coupled build environment?

From: Stephan Kulow
Subject: Re: how to realize a medium coupled build environment?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:28:32 +0100

Marc van Woerkom wrote:

> What do you folks think?
What you describe is exactly what KDE uses. We have configure.in.ins
in every subdirectory that needs configure checks. The Makefile.cvs
you run after checking out creates one configure.in with the used
parts and then it all works from there. The toplevel SUBDIRS are
created from the existant subdirs with a Makefile.am, and we also
have COMPILE_FIRST and COMPILE_LAST to manipulate the subdirs order
in case you need libraries for example

Check any KDE module.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Frauen und Maenner passen vielleicht nicht zusammen, aber meine
allerschoensten Schrammen habe ich mir bei diesem Duell geholt.