Need hook into cxx prefix

From: kitkat
Subject: Need hook into cxx prefix
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 03:18:18 +0200

Hi folks,

I've studied the automake-mailinglist of the last 2 years and the whole
documentation available for automake.
But I can't find an answere to my question.

It would be nice if someone could give me a hint.

Now my problem:

I'm working on a C++-framework that provides some kind of
meta-information.
This information is generated out of *.h or *.cxx files by a kind of
meta-compiler.
The right time to call the meta-compiler would be after a source-file
has been compiled.
I've tried to 'overload' the 'cxx. o.'-suffix put the generated Makefile
gives me warnings
because this suffix is already deffined.
I've tried to unset the 'cxx. o.'-suffix by '.SUFFIX:' ( like I would do
it at writting an ordinary
Makefile) but automake doesn't like that.

Now I'm realy out of any idea :(

Any help would be great, best regards Andi

(PS: Sorry for my bad english - my mother language is german >:| )