[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Automake and GPLv3

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: Automake and GPLv3
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:16:10 -0400
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 11:13:55PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > Like I said, we would like to update the text if possible, just to bring
> > the vocabulary up-to-date if nothing else.  I just sent a mail to gnu-prog
> > that has more details about why the update process is taking longer than we
> > initially thought.  Is this the only blocker for your next release at this
> > point?
> Not the only one, but for another stable release (1.10.1), I don't think
> much else would be needed.  IMVHO another major release (1.11) can wait
> until some more new features have been added, but from a licensing
> standpoint both are identical.
> > Do you have a particular date you want to make a release by?
> No.

Okay, I'll make sure that updating the exceptions for Autoconf and Automake
are at a higher priority, along with the other projects that are looking to
release soon.


Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]