[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Automake and GPLv3

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: Automake and GPLv3
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:47:18 -0400
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 08:47:45PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Any news on this licensing issue in Automake yet, or is it even one
> that needs any more work at all?

Like I said, we would like to update the text if possible, just to bring
the vocabulary up-to-date if nothing else.  I just sent a mail to gnu-prog
that has more details about why the update process is taking longer than we
initially thought.  Is this the only blocker for your next release at this
point?  Do you have a particular date you want to make a release by?

> Please note that Libtool is waiting for a licensing clarification as
> well, before moving to anything-v3.

My understanding is that it's in the same waiting-for-an-updated-exception
boat; if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Best regards,

Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]