[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FYI: minor NEWS edits
FYI: minor NEWS edits
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:17:32 +0100
Gnus/5.1003 (Gnus v5.10.3) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux)
I'm checking this in.
2003-11-11 Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>
* NEWS: Minor edits.
RCS file: /cvs/automake/automake/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.241
diff -u -r1.241 NEWS
--- NEWS 10 Nov 2003 20:55:30 -0000 1.241
+++ NEWS 11 Nov 2003 13:16:37 -0000
@@ -56,7 +56,9 @@
Note that if you were using the CONFIG_STATUS_DEPENDENCIES and
CONFIGURE_DEPENDENCIES (undocumented) variables, you should better
define them in all directories. This is easily done using an
+ AC_SUBST (make sure you prefix these dependencies with
+ $(abs_top_srcdir) since this variable will appear at different
+ levels of the build tree).
- aclocal will now use `m4_include' instead of copying local m4
files into aclocal.m4. (Local m4 files are those you ship with
@@ -71,14 +73,12 @@
Autom4te's cache isn't needlessly invalidated. This behavior can
be switched off with the new `--force' option.
- - aclocal now uses Autoconf's --trace to detect macros which are actually
- used and will no longer include unused macros simply because they
- where mentioned. This was often the case for macros called
+ - aclocal now uses Autoconf's --trace to detect macros which are
+ actually used and will no longer include unused macros simply
+ because they where mentioned. This was often the case for macros
+ called conditionally.
- - New option no-dist-gzip.
- - New option no-dist.
+ - New options no-dist and no-dist-gzip.
- compile, depcomp, elisp-comp, install-sh, mdate-sh, mkinstalldirs,
py-compile, and ylwrap, now all understand --version and --help.
@@ -87,7 +87,7 @@
links as part of the distclean target and including source files in
- - AM_PATH_PYTHON now support ACTION-IF-FOUND and ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND
+ - AM_PATH_PYTHON now supports ACTION-IF-FOUND and ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND
argument. The latter can be used to override the default behavior
(which is to abort).
@@ -100,8 +100,7 @@
- When using AC_CONFIG_FILES with multiple input files, Automake
generates the first ".in" input file for which a ".am" exists.
- (Former versions would try to use only the first of the input
+ (Former versions would try to use only the first input file.)
- lisp_DATA is now allowed. If you are using the empty ELCFILES
idiom to disable byte-compilation of lisp_LISP files, it is
@@ -120,13 +119,13 @@
- Because `mkdir -p' is available on most platforms, and we can use
`install-sh -d' when it is not, the use of the mkinstalldirs
- script is deprecated. `automake --add-missing' no longer installs
- it, and if you remove mkinstalldirs from your package, automake
- will define $(mkinstalldirs) as an alias for $(mkdir_p).
+ script is being phased out. `automake --add-missing' no longer
+ installs it, and if you remove mkinstalldirs from your package,
+ automake will define $(mkinstalldirs) as an alias for $(mkdir_p).
- Gettext 1.12.1 still require mkinstalldirs. Fortunately
+ Gettext 1.12.1 still requires mkinstalldirs. Fortunately
gettextize and autopoint will install it when needed. Automake
- will continue to define the $(mkinstalldirs) and distribute
+ will continue to define the $(mkinstalldirs) and to distribute
mkinstalldirs when this script is in the source tree.
- AM_PROG_CC_STDC is now empty. The content of this macro was
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- FYI: minor NEWS edits,
Alexandre Duret-Lutz <=