Determination of default configuration values for build projects and che

From: SF Markus Elfring
Subject: Determination of default configuration values for build projects and checking the settings
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 12:43:49 +0200

Hello,

I find the following information interesting once more.
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/Site-Defaults.html
“…
Autoconf-generated configure scripts allow your site to provide default values
for some configuration values. You do this by creating site- and system-wide
initialization files.
…”

1. Will it become possible to select such defaults only for specific software
   build projects?

2. These values will be passed to configuration and make scripts.
   How much do you trust that they are really usable?
   If you would like to perform validation checks again, I am looking for ways
   to avoid corresponding code repetition there.

I would appreciate further advice.

Regards,
Markus