Re: unexpected token `build_old_libs,'

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: unexpected token `build_old_libs,'
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:54:27 +0000

On 24 February 2017 at 16:16, Sascha Manns <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> i'm using that configure.ac: https://github.com/saigkill/PublicanCreato
> rs/blob/master/configure.ac
>
> The autogen.sh works to the end, but configure currently breaks with:
>
> checking for library containing strerror... none required
> ./configure: line 6296: syntax error near unexpected token
> `build_old_libs,'
> ./configure: line 6296: `    _LT_DECL(build_old_libs, enable_static,
> 0,'
>
> Does anyone knows, what this means, and how to fix it?

I would guess that the macros for libtool are not properly imported by
autogen.sh so the autoconf program has not expanded _LT_DECL when it
created the configure script.

It might be easier to see the cause of it if you posted the lines
around line 6296 in the configure script.

I would expect that the line

autoreconf --verbose --force --install || exit 1

in autogen.sh should get the definitions of all the macros that are needed.

I notice in configure.ac there is no use of libtool macros like
LT_INIT. One thing to do would be to find out where the _LT_DECL has
come from (expansion of another macro?).