Re: config.status and /bin/sh on Solaris

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: config.status and /bin/sh on Solaris
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 09:33:53 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017, Dimitrios Apostolou wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

I have been using Solaris 10 daily for Autoconf related development since 2005 and have never seen configure select /bin/sh. One reason is that the system normally has /usr/bin/bash installed.

Are you missing /usr/bin/bash on your system?

Hi, I have it, the installation is a full-sized one so it comes with all utilities. Can you try running the configure script with this environment:

PATH=/opt/csw/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin:/usr/bin   /usr/xpg4/bin/sh ./configure

Then what's the shebang line on top of config.status?

I get the same problem you do. The config.status script starts with "/bin/sh" and it fails to execute properly.

If I don't specifically execute configure using /usr/xpg4/bin/sh then the config.status script starts with "/bin/bash" and everything is fine.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn