suggest AC_SYS_LARGEFILE should #define _LARGEFILE, at least for VMS

From: Jay K
Subject: suggest AC_SYS_LARGEFILE should #define _LARGEFILE, at least for VMS
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 20:31:22 +0000

I suggest AC_SYS_LARGEFILE should #define _LARGEFILE, at least for VMS

See:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/commercial/c/docs/5763pro_033.html
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-12/0278.html
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Porting_Open_Source_to_OpenVMS

I have another suggestion.

Instead of having autoconf selectively define stuff based on behavioral probes,
I kinda want autoconf to unconditionally #define stuff, like:

#ifndef _LARGEFILE
#define _LARGEFILE
#endif

#ifndef _LARGE_FILES
#define _LARGE_FILES 1
#endif

#ifndef _FILE_OFFSET_BITS
#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64
#endif

Because, in particular, I just want to copy/paste these into some central
header file,
w/o configure deciding, on the theory that they never do any harm.

 - Jay