Re: $sysconfdir substitution

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: $sysconfdir substitution
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 11:51:12 -0700

On Fri, 2016-06-10 at 19:33 +0100, Gavin Smith wrote:
> It's possible to communicate shell variables with AM_CPPFLAGS. I
> wrote
> about this method at
> http://buildsystem-manual.sourceforge.net/Adding-a-data-file-to-be-in
> stalled.html#Adding-a-data-file-to-be-installed.
> For convenience, I've attached a small project that uses this method.
>
> There are very likely other methods as well. For example, you could
> use AC_DEFINE or AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED with AC_CONFIG_HEADER.
>
> Your question reminds me of this:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2015-09/msg00015.html It
> seems to be hard to get ahold of the values of the shell variables
> with directories in them from within the configure script.

Hey Gavin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I've already got access to the
variable through the pre-processor (e.g. AM_CPPFLAGS), but I need the
variable substituted in a non-compiled .in file with AC_CONFIG_FILES.

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred