Re: Add clang++ to AC_PROG_CXX

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: Add clang++ to AC_PROG_CXX
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:45:38 -0400

On 03/31/2016 12:31 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>> That is not a bug, it was a desired feature...
>>
>> Huh. How is not finding a viable compiler when one is present a desired
>> feature?
>
> +1. I kinda laughed when I read that, too.
>
> Apparently the project has a set of goals, and breaking the
> configuration and compile in some instances meets the goals. Hence the
> reason I laughed.
>
> Jeff

Because the GNU project is not about making the best technology but
about creating and using Free Software.  And CLANG was designed
specifically to get around such goals and circumvent freedom asuring
measures that are guaranteed when one uses software under the GPL.

Its not rocket science we are talking about here.  If you want to fix
your "bug" apt-get GCC

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!