Re: autocon and sub-packages

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: autocon and sub-packages
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 17:38:00 +0200

On 09/04/2015 02:26 PM, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

Eric Blake (2015/09/04 06:07 -0600):
On 09/03/2015 08:09 AM, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
Dear all,

I am one of the maintainers of Coccinelle[1], a tool written in the
Objective Caml[2] language.

The tool is distributed with the libraries it depends on (they are
provided as bundles).

Camllanguage and its libraries are not as widespread as gettext and
libtool. So the idea of the bundles is tomake life of end-users simpler,
but of course it also makes thelifeofdevelopers and maintainers a bit
harder.

Well, what I can tell you with my Fedora on is that in Fedora we discourage bundling, because it in a nutshell raises a lot problems in maintenance, both for system-integrators (read: distros) and upstreams.