named diversions

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: named diversions
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 00:01:09 +0100

Hello again,
In my m4 project where I use autom4te and m4sugar (for those who are curious - https://github.com/matejak/d8 ),
in order to be able to output anything, one has to call
m4_divert_push(1) (or something similar) at certain point. However, every time I do that, I get the
warning: prefer named diversions
warning. I know that I can use m4_divert_push(KILL) in place of m4_divert_push(0), but a trivial diversion e.g. for stdout is not available (or documented). There is also a lack of documentation on how to register a named diversion, using a macro instead of a number isn't the right way how to make a named diversion. Do you have any solution to this in mind? Telling autom4te to suppress warnings doesn't feel right.