Re: Mangled argument vector choking on spaces?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Mangled argument vector choking on spaces?
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 16:28:46 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014, David A. Wheeler wrote:

How about fixing Autoconf to create a symlink from /tmp to srcdir if srcdir
contains a space, and using the symlink instead?  That should work too.  Please
feel free to propose a patch along those lines.

That is irrelevant for my use case, if I understand you correctly.
In all the cases I'm concerned about, spaces are *NOT* in any path
inside a source directory srcdir.  So "fixing the distributed filenames"
or "creating a symlink to srcdir" does NOTHING useful for my users.

It is a common problem for Windows users that their default directory (equivalent to a home directory) has spaces in it.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn