LIBS

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: LIBS
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 02:07:12 +0000

So for reasons that may or may not still be valid, I've had folks
successfully lobby me to separate out libraries that are needed for all
programs from libraries that are needed for certain programs.

I believe the reasons for this have to do with the size of the
executables - folks Noticed that linking with unnecessary libraries
caused the resulting executables to be much bigger and sucked up memory,
especially in embedded systems.

But if I don't put all of the detected libraries in LIBS then things
like AC_CHECK_FUNCS won't find them.

Suggestions on good ways to proceed?

--
Harlan Stenn <address@hidden>