Re: implement workaround for header files

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: implement workaround for header files
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:24:29 +1000

On 06/08/2013 01:35 AM, Daily, Jeff A wrote:
Peter,

I'm not an experienced boost user, but I am aware that much of boost is header-only
libraries.  And it sounds like from your description above that your library installs
headers which also include this potentially broken
header<boost/exception_ptr.hpp>.  The community would need to chime in here,
but for my projects I don't install the generated config.h or a subset
public_config.h like you have done, but since you already have that capability it
would probably be little effort for you to extend public_config.h with an AC_DEFINE
of the result of your test and then include your public_config.h from the top of your
installed headers.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your input. Yes, I think I prefer to implement a compilation test rather than try to set up some rules based on GCC versions and Boost version (although I'm pretty sure problem only occurs for Boost v1.41). Yet working out which versions of GCC are problematic seems tedious.

Thanks,
Peter