Re: autoconf tests and stdcall name mangling

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: autoconf tests and stdcall name mangling
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:12:44 -0700

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Nick Bowler <address@hidden> wrote:
> The fundamental problem, I think, is that you really need the proper
> headers included and AC_REPLACE_FUNCS does not seem to allow you to
> specify the includes.  So you probably can't use this macro at all.
>
> You can use AC_LINK_IFELSE to fully specify the test program to compile
> and link, which is probably what you'll need to do here.  This may still
> be tricky to get right.  Alternately, Gnulib[1] has a getaddrinfo module[2]
> which may already do everything you need (although I have not used it).

I wrote the attached macro to solve a closely related problem (looking
for ntohl, not getaddrinfo; the way Winsock works, it's equivalent).
Perhaps it will be useful to you.

Going forward I think AC_*_FUNC[S] really need to grow a way to
specify headers.  Fake-declaring everything as "char foo();" has been
kinda silly for years now.

zw