Re: [possibly OT] Updated giant inventory of headers available on variou

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Re: [possibly OT] Updated giant inventory of headers available on various OSes
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 21:57:31 +0200

On 02/05/2013 05:34, Zack Weinberg wrote:
A while ago I posted a call for help (only to autoconf@) taking inventories
of which C headers are provided by which OSes.  It rapidly became clear
that my methodology was far too crude, and I've spent much of the past six
weeks coding up something much more sophisticated.  The project is now at
the point where I feel comfortable sharing it with a wider audience.
Please see http://hacks.owlfolio.org/header-survey/ for the results so far,
and https://github.com/zackw/header-survey/ for code, raw data, and
instructions for contributing inventories for OSes not yet in the big
table.  (Big table only known to work properly in Firefox, say sorry -
patches for the bad stylin' in Webkit most welcome.  I've exhausted my
ability to sling CSS.)

If you sent me an inventory already but your OS is not in the big table, I
need you to send it again using the current `scansys.py`.  To those of you
who told me that it didn't work with your version of Python, take heart -
it is now tested to work with 2.0.  Yes, 2.0.

And you'll find attached QNX 6.5.0 SP1 GCC 4.4.2.

Note, the mknod API of QNX is different to Linux, where most tools I compile don't work. And when I compiled PHP for QNX, atomic.h is there, but it's not compatible with Solaris requiring some updates (as PHP assumed)

I see you've got MINGW 2012, but there are two projects, mingw and mingw64 which are separate and handled separately. Is there a difference between the two?

I tried to do something similar, and came up with my own list. Does it make sense to incorporate some of the differences? I was trying to compile software that works on various OSes for network related functionality.

In addition, compiler options are important. Many features were only available for me on Solaris when i compiled with -lxnet on Solaris. See the html file attached.

Regards,
jason.