Re: Cross-platform availability of header files

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: Cross-platform availability of header files
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 22:15:02 -0400

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've been doing research into the cross-platform availability of
> header files that are commonly probed for in Autoconf scripts.

Major update: The technique I was using for the blog post, and the
simplified technique I suggested here earlier, turned out to produce
significant errors.  I've spent the past several days writing a
program that will compute header inventories _properly_.  That program
is now ready for other people to poke at.  Please see
<https://github.com/zackw/header-analysis>.  In addition to running
scansys.py against OSes / embedded toolchains of interest, people who
remember elder days are requested to take a close look at the
'b-obsolete' and 'b-ucom' lists of obsolete and still-useful,
respectively, nonstandard but widely available header files and see if
there are any errors.

zw