Re: Malloc issue when cross-compiling with autotools

From: Francisco Cuesta
Subject: Re: Malloc issue when cross-compiling with autotools
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 17:17:07 +0100

Hello Eric, thanks for replying

*Can't you set that environment variable before starting eclipse, so that
it propagates all the way through to when eclipse starts running configure?

*
To be honest, I don't know how to achieve that, since I was used to define
that parameter on project C/C++ build>>setting>>build steps>>prebuild
steps, but with autotools plugin on eclipse that parameter is "hidden" or
not configurable.

*Or, it might be possible to set up a config.site that pre-populates the
correct answer for your toolchain:
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html#Site-Defaults
*
 If I have understood correctly, according to that I could create a
config.site in a concrete folder just with the instruction *
ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=yes
*
Wouldn't this configuration be overridden when executing the macros .m4??

*I'm not familiar with eclipse, but wouldn't this -Command: line be where
you can add arbitrary options to configure, including
ac_cv_func_malloc_0_nonnull=*
*yes?

*
I haven't tried it because compiling through the terminal (which indeed
works) I typed that command before calling ./configure, so I don't know
how to include that opticon in the ./configure command.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,