Re: GNU autoconf configure script on cross-compiling to nearly identical

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: GNU autoconf configure script on cross-compiling to nearly identical target platform
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:44:49 -0500

Hello,

On 2013-01-29 16:18 -0500, Wirawan Purwanto wrote:
> How do I go about in this case, telling the configure script that this
> is a cross compilation? I believe that in  all cases, they will give
> the same "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" build and target host triplets.

Aside from using different triples as suggested by Paul, it is also
possible to force configure to run in cross compilation mode by
explicitly setting cross_compiling to yes, for example:

  ./configure cross_compiling=yes

(I often use this feature for testing configure scripts)

Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (http://www.elliptictech.com/)