Re: configure mutilates -g option

From: Dave Goodell
Subject: Re: configure mutilates -g option
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:27:32 -0600

On Jan 12, 2013, at 2:38 PM CST, Bruce Korb wrote:

> GCC's -g option takes an optional argument.
> If you add to the command line:
>   ./configure --enable-debug --disable-fast-install CFLAGS=-ggdb3
>
> at some point, the script will remove the "-g" and then add it back in with a
> space

I couldn't reproduce this with a simple autoconf+automake+libtool
(2.69/1.13.1/2.42) test project.  Can you provide more information about which
tool versions and exactly which software project is failing this way?  I can't
guarantee that I'll have time to look at it, but I would prefer to keep my
projects from being bitten in the same way, so I might be able to find some
time.

-Dave