AC_CHECK_LIB for C++ libraries

From: Jan Mikelson
Subject: AC_CHECK_LIB for C++ libraries
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 12:04:51 +0100

Hey everyone,

I am currently writing configure.ac and Makefile.am files for a project
I have been working on. The project consists of some C++ shared
libraries and one executable. If they were C libraries I could just use

AC_CHECK_LIB([lib1], [function1])

to check whether the library lib1 is available. This does not work with
C++ libraries. Is there a similar way of doing this for C++ libraries? I
could not find anything helpful online and would appreciate any help!
Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Jan