Re: how to use autoconf projcet to make bin

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: how to use autoconf projcet to make bin
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 07:41:47 -0600

On 10/23/2012 02:44 AM, 李裕 wrote:

> hi,
>

> I need to make v4l2 test project, and it needs autotools to configure.
> So, in ubuntu 12.04
> $ sudo apt-get install autoconf
>

> but unlucky, autoconf failed

Without telling us the exact failure message, it's hard for us to guess
why things went wrong for you.

> so i download the autoconf project, and want to make the autoconf myself.
>

> but i read the README, it says there is INSTALL file, but i can't find it.

Are you trying a released tarball of autoconf, or autoconf.git?  The
INSTALL file is part of every tarball, but if you use autoconf.git, then
you need to follow the directions in README-hacking for bootstrapping
the project before you will have an INSTALL file.

> How can i use the autoconf projcet to make binary "autoconf" ?

README-hacking probably has the answer to your question.

--
Eric Blake   address@hidden    +1-919-301-3266