Re: RFE: macro for warning at configure-time if CFLAGS includes -Werror

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: RFE: macro for warning at configure-time if CFLAGS includes -Werror
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 15:21:02 -0700

Just off the top of my head, what about an AC_GCC_FILTER_WERROR macro
that would search for an incoming -Werror and remove it if it was
provided and restore it at the end?

The downside of this is that maintainers would still have to know to add
it.

And I recall seeing a number of "stable" GNU packages that hadn't been
updated in a while.  This may no longer be the case, but I know I wanted
to see these packages upgrade to newer auto* tools just for the features
the newer auto* tools offered.